The Health and School program is aimed at students taking 3rd and 4th years of ESO in public high schools and boarding schools in Catalonia.
The educational centres and the health services are coordinated to bring health services closer to learning centres and teenagers, in order to:
- Promote healthy attitudes and habits (protective factors).
- Reduce behaviours that can affect negatively their health (risk factors).
- Detect health issues, so that an intervention can be applied as soon as possible.
Every high school has a consultation space open to students who might want to go and ask questions related to health. Professional medical personnel work there, and consultations are personal and confidential.
Intervention areas are based on:
- Psychosocial health
- Affective and sexual health
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco consumption
- Eating habits